© Reuters. Russian President Vladimir Putin meets with Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi in Tehran, Iran July 19, 2022. President Web site/WANA (West Asia Information Company)/Handout through REUTERS
(Reuters) – The pinnacle of the Worldwide Atomic Vitality Company (IAEA) raised grave considerations in regards to the shelling the day before today on the Zaporizhzhia nuclear energy plant in Ukraine, saying the motion confirmed the chance of a nuclear catastrophe.
MORE ON ZAPORIZHZHIA PLANT
* Ukraine’s Prosecutor Normal’s workplace stated it had began prison proceedings in opposition to what it stated was rocket and artillery shelling by the Russian navy of the Zaporizhzhia energy plant on Friday.
* Shells hit a high-voltage energy line on the plant, prompting operators to disconnect a reactor regardless of no radioactive leak being detected. The plant was captured by Russian forces in early March, however it’s nonetheless run by its Ukrainian technicians.
* Ukraine’s state nuclear energy firm Energoatom blamed Russia for the harm on the energy plant.
* Russia’s defence ministry accused Ukrainian forces of shelling the plant, saying a leak of radiation had been prevented solely by luck.
* The Ukrainian navy stated in a night replace on Fb (NASDAQ:) that Russian shelling was recorded in dozens of cities alongside the japanese and southern frontlines.
* The Ukrainian navy stated Russian forces tried to conduct assaults in six totally different areas in japanese Donetsk area, all of which did not acquire any territory and had been held again by Ukrainian forces.
* Russia’s battle in Ukraine is about to enter a brand new part, with most preventing shifting to a virtually 350-km (217-mile) entrance stretching southwest from close to Zaporizhzhia to Kherson, British navy intelligence stated.
* North Macedonia has agreed to produce tanks and planes to Ukraine to assist fend off Moscow’s ongoing invasion, senior Ukrainian presidential aide Mykhailo Podolyak stated.
* The subsequent weapons package deal to Ukraine from the USA was anticipated to be $1 billion and embody munitions for long-range weapons and armoured medical transport autos, sources briefed on the matter instructed Reuters.
* The pinnacle of Amnesty Worldwide’s Ukraine workplace has give up the human rights physique in a disagreement with it after the group accused Ukraine’s armed forces of endangering civilians by basing troops in residential areas throughout the Russian invasion.
* A foreign-flagged ship arrived in Ukraine on Saturday for the primary time because the battle began and will likely be loaded with grain, Ukraine’s infrastructure minister stated. Ukraine is beginning to resume grain exports in an effort overseen by a Joint Coordination Centre in Istanbul the place Russian, Ukrainian, Turkish and U.N. personnel are working.