(Reuters) – BUCHA/LVIV, Ukraine – Moscow signaled it was scaling again its ambitions in Ukraine to concentrate on territory claimed by Russian-backed separatists as Ukrainian forces went on the offensive, recapturing cities on the outskirts of the capital Kyiv.
* About 3.7 million folks have left Ukraine because the battle started, a U.N. refugee official mentioned.
* A United Nations human rights group is trying into allegations that civilians have been forcibly moved from Mariupol to Russia, a senior official mentioned.
* Native officers, citing witness accounts, mentioned as many as 300 folks could have been killed within the bombing of a theatre within the besieged southern Ukrainian metropolis of Mariupol on March 16.
* Ukrainian troops have repulsed a primary assault by Russian forces in town of Slavutych, the place employees on the defunct Chernobyl nuclear plant dwell, presidential adviser Oleksiy Arestovych mentioned.
* The northern Ukrainian metropolis of Chernihiv has in impact been lower off by Russian forces, the regional governor mentioned.
Governor Viacheslav Chaus additionally mentioned the town was underneath fireplace from artillery and warplanes.
* Ukraine’s Defence Ministry mentioned Russian forces had managed partially to create a land hall to Crimea from territory in Ukraine’s Donetsk area.
* China’s state-run Sinopec (NYSE:) Group suspended talks for a serious petrochemical funding and a gasoline advertising and marketing enterprise in Russia, sources informed Reuters, heeding a authorities name for warning as sanctions mount over the invasion of Ukraine.
* The USA will provide the European Union with extra liquefied (LNG) to assist curb its reliance on Russian fossil fuels, U.S. President Joe Biden mentioned.
* European shares fell for a 3rd straight session on Friday and have been set to finish the week decrease because the battle saved buyers cautious.
* The Russia-Ukraine battle is driving commodities costs up and is more likely to cut back prospects for world progress within the coming 12 months, U.S. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen informed CNBC.
* “I informed my spouse to seize the youngsters and to cover within the basement, and I went to the drafting station and joined my unit immediately. And the subsequent day from the military base we moved to the frontline.” – Andriy, a Ukrainian soldier on the frontline northwest of Kyiv.
Fusion Media or anybody concerned with Fusion Media won’t settle for any legal responsibility for loss or harm because of reliance on the data together with knowledge, quotes, charts and purchase/promote indicators contained inside this web site. Please be absolutely knowledgeable concerning the dangers and prices related to buying and selling the monetary markets, it is without doubt one of the riskiest funding varieties doable.